Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Someone Call Hell and Check the Temperature

Has hell dropped below 32 degrees farenheit (0 degrees celcius)? Because I played basketball last night. And enjoyed it. Please, close your mouth. Your slack-jawed, mouth-agape shock is kind of annoying, quite frankly ;-).

For those of you who don't know me that well, let me set this up by saying that I haven't played basketball since they made us play in 6th grade gym. Since then I have dutifully avoided it due to my complete and total lack of coordination. That's... um... lemme see... oh jeezice da math hurts da brain... 25 minus eleven... 14 years. 14 years of going out of my way to avoid basketball.

OK, so I didn't play an actual game, but just shot around with Carey (one of the other teachers) for two hours. Then the guys started coming in for open gym and we hightailed it out of there. Let's just say I'm not a skilled player, but I suppose for someone who has never played, it was not the worst showing... but I still didn't want people who'd been playing since birth to see me in all my suckiness.

Maybe with a little more practice I'll play with the women.

No comments: