Monday, September 06, 2004

Beer

So tomorrow makes a month... a month without alcohol of any kind passing my lips. I don't think I've gone a month without drinking since I started college. Interesting that I didn't think about it until today. For those of you who don't know, alcohol is illegal in the village I'm living in and I could both get in legal trouble and get fired for bringing in alcohol.

I don't want to get drunk, dear readers. Oh no. I want to drink a beer. Maybe a dark, nutty brown. It's getting cooler now (at least here), winter is perfect for dark beers. Or perhaps something lighter... very, very cold. I've heard that Minnesota is getting a nice last blast of summer, so I can just imagine myself sitting outside at some bar, or on a front porch, sipping something cold, alcoholic and carbonated. Heck, I'd even take one of my parents' crappy Bud Lights.

Thanksgiving in either Anchorage or Fairbanks (the decision has yet to be made by my coworkers/friends) had better include at least one stop at a bar or pub of some kind so I can savor the greatness that is beer. Just one. Or maybe two.

No comments: