Tuesday, September 07, 2004

The Loss of my Mental Capabilities

Greetings from rainy, chilly Quinhagak! I had something really great and insightful to write about. I swear I did. Or at least I thought I did. I thought of it at some point today, most likely while teaching. Unfortunately, I neglected to write it down, and that lone thought apparently either died of loneliness or gave up the ghost and fled my mind, because I have no recollection of precisely what I was going to say. So... I'm just going to write whatever the hell pops into my head.

Our heat is broken. This would not be a big deal, as it's not all that cold yet and our house is well-insulated, except our WATER IS HEATED THROUGH THE FURNACE. No furnace = no hot water. So it's either shower at school or a cold shower. My roomie and I also somehow forgot to let the maintenance guys know of our little heat problem, so we're stuck with no hot water when we could ostensibly be con agua caliente at this moment.

More goodies for the cross country team arrived today. This has been wonderful! Nearly every runner has a new (or semi-new) pair of REAL RUNNING SHOES. All of the girls have sports bras, and we have a bunch left over for basketball and volleyball and NYO (if we have NYO this year... still haven't found a coach). Most of the kids got at least a new t-shirt to practice in, which is way cool. Some got new shorts, also way cool. They've all got water bottles now, again... way cool.

It is now 7:45 pm. Wanna make a bet that I'm in bed by 9:00?

No comments: