Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Welcome to...

"Welcome to...
Something like elation when you first open your eyes,
because it means that you must have finally got to sleep last night."
-Ani DiFranco

Why is it that all the shit I have to do that sits in quiet orderly rows (or stuffed behind couches, out of sight) in my brain all day long starts running around when it's time to go to bed? One of the other teachers and I are going to start medidating to relieve stress. Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Things are going well, despite my high stress level. I've always had trouble saying "no" when someone asks if I'll do something, and at a bush school, there's no shortage of people asking you to do things. I really enjoy all the stuff I'm doing (working on the reading improvement committee, coaching cross country and now speech, maybe teaching a small portion of the GED class we might be offering... OK, yeah. I know.

Mom (believe it or not, people, my mom reads this. HI MOM!), remember in kindergarten when I helped everyone else with their art project and then had to take my own work home with me? Um, yeah. So now I'm 25 and still making the same mistakes. Call me a slow learner.

And with that, I'm going to go to sleep. I have a gigantic cramp in my foot (the kind that reminds me of my competitive swimming, fin-wearing days) and I think that's a signal that it's time to call this day to a close.

Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Smacca it's Sam! : )

JDZ gave me the link to your blog. How funny! I will have to read this from time to time.

Anyway, so I'm getting ready to paint the basement and need to purge some stuff. What would you like to do with your dishwasher and few other items? Could I coordinate a pick-up with your dad?

Hope all is well and you are staying toasty warm. Winter arrives in Minnie tomorrow : (

The Smacca said...

SAM! I lost your e-mail! I wanted to contact you in the Twin Cities before I left, but I somehow managed to lose your phone number as well, and I ended up going back to the cities after I had officially moved at the last minute for about three hours (three hour drive, three hour stay, three hour drive... it was great). Shoot me an e-mail! sara_macdonald@lksd.org