Monday, October 25, 2004

Snow

Wet, sloppy, good-snowman-making snow. Since my classroom doesn't have a window, and since the ground was dry as a bone when I entered the building this morning, imagine my surprise when my first class after lunch came in with their pants wet halfway up to their knees and bits of snow in their hair melting into little rivers of water onto their cheeks. I (quite stupidly, I might add) inquired "So is it snowing outside?" Duh.

Ten year-olds being ten year-olds they said "Yeah, you didn't know that?" really meaning "Like, duh, it's snowing." I explained that I have neither the luxury of a recess nor that of a window through which to view the outside world. I think they still think I'm something of an idiot.

This is awesome snowball snow. I just need a target.

No comments: