Saturday, October 16, 2004

It's 11pm, do you know where your friends are?

I know where mine are. Or were at 11pm, anyway. It was 2am in Minnesota... BAR TIME, and they were on the phone with me. I really receive far too few drunken phone calls, and I do so love them. I had just fallen into a blissful sleep on the living room couch when the phone startled me. I had taken my glasses off and totally went into that panicky just-woke-up-where-the-hell's-that-ringing-coming-from mode. Answered phone.

Friends were drunk. Friends were drunk and giggly. Friends were drunk, giggly and passing the phone around. Once I woke up, it was great to talk to them. Until I woke up, however, I'm sure I sounded like a zombie... "Huh? Wait, who is this?"

Now I seem to be awake. Time to read a little, hoping I fall asleep. Tomorrow I have sub plans to write (I'm going to Bethel for the Jr High speech contest... great... five giggly junior high girls on a plane, followed by two overnights sleeping on the floor of someone's classroom at the high school...) and my classroom to straighten up. Maybe I'll finally get the last of the cross country stuff put away. I might just recruit a few students to help me lug it all up the stairs into the storage room.

Buenas noches a todos que lean mis palabras.

No comments: