Thursday, February 10, 2005

Silly. Bizarre. RiDONKulous.

Saw this link on The One and Only Chickscum's website and just don't get it. Apparently the state of Virginia (or at least one dude in said state) might like to, indeed, employ fashion police. Some legislator introduced a bill that would make it illegal to wear pants with your underwear showing.

I find that particular fashion statement to be fairly useless and impractical, but is it really legislation-worthy? I thought the fact that wearing pants that show your underwear prevents you from being taken seriously in the job market would be enough to eventually sway most people from this ill-advised fashion trend. And even if this is not the case, is this really a good use of a lawmaker's time and energy? Jesucristo, the taxpayers in his state are paying this guy to make real laws, not try to ban fashion trends that annoy people.

In the spirit of Draconican Fashion Police Virginia State Legislator Man, the following is a list of fashion trends that I have decided I do not personally care for. Some of these fashion crimes I have fallen victim to over the years, but I have seen the error of my ways. Hey, if this guy can ban saggy pants because they annoy him, why can't I do the same? I will be submitting a laundry list (pun unintended, but recognized and not deleted) of fashion trends that I expect to be banned by the Alaska state legislature this session. Please call your legistlator and ask that he/she do the same.

Fashion Trends to be Banned Under the So-Called "Sara's Law"


1. Kulats (culats? koo-lats? *shrugs*) or however the hell you spell them. If you want to wear a skirt, wear a skirt. If you want to wear shorts, wear shorts. Splitting the difference is in no one's best interest.

2. Those shirts that have fake vests sewn onto ONLY the front. Sew a fake vest back onto them and they'll be fine. I just don't like the lack of consistency in having a fake vest in front and not in back.

3. Cowboy boots on anyone who doesn't own a single farm animal unless he/she is wearing them as an ironic statement.

4. FUBU on white people.

5. Mullets, unless they are amusing to me personally. Most are just sad, though, so special permission will have to be granted through the state Department of Things That Piss Sara Off.

There are more. Many more. Please see me if you have a question about a specific fashion trend.

3 comments:

Shibby said...

I think I could be a highly effective bureaucrat in the Department of Things That Piss Sara Off. Where do I send my resume?

The Smacca said...

Send your resume to PO Box I-don't-give-a-$#!+, Department of Things That Piss Sara Off, Juneau, AK (whatever the zipcode is).

Anonymous said...

I just learned this myself....it's culottes.

By the way, I'm starting my courses to teach English as a second language next week! What a coincidence that I popped by here :-)

Take care!!