Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Blahs

It's February, it's time for the February Funk.

How can the shortest month of the year ALWAYS feel like it drags on and on and on and on and on? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

On a more positive note, I'm losing weight. Nothing huge; I'm averaging a pound a week or so, but something's better than nothing, right? Even with my fatty feast at New Teacher Inservice last weekend that included seal, beluga whale, I still lost my pound for the week.

Also on a positive note, the sun was (BARELY) starting to come up when I walked to school yesterday at 7:45. No significant light, but it was something to celebrate. I'm kinda sad that I'm here for the long nights and that I'm not going to be here to enjoy the long days. I do, however, want to come back a week or two early and do some berry picking and maybe gathering of some plants that are supposed to be good for making tea when you're congested. My dad wants to come and go fishing... he can do traditional man stuff and I can do traditional woman stuff. Because I'm SOOOOOOOOO tradtional. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I think of traditional, you're totally the first person that comes to mind. Barefoot and preggers, that's what I say! ;)

-s

Anonymous said...

You must have learned how to a traditional woman from your mother. You know how she loves to cook, clean, and is at your father's beck and call. HA HA!