Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Tuesday's Walk


I saw some birds... no clue what kind. Not a bird expert. Sorry for the crappy angle, but the little bastards wouldn't turn around. I sat there for like two minutes, and apparently they just didn't want to look at me, and I didn't have my rubber boots on, so walking around to the other side of the ditch/pond was not an option. I actually saw tons of birds (this being the edge of a wildlife preserve and all), but most of 'em were in flight and very hard to photograph.



Two of the passengers on this pair of 4-wheelers (NO ONE here obeys the no-passenger recommendation on 4-wheelers... they're not recreation; they're transportation) were students of mine, and screamed "HI SARA! HI SARA! HI SARA!" as they zoomed past (at a child-safe speed). Those are not rocks in the water... that's dirty sea ice.



I saw green plant life! Moss, to be exact. And here I was thinking I'd leave on Saturday having seen no non-dormant plant life. Whee!



The mighty, towering trees of Quinhagak!

No comments: