Monday, May 15, 2006

Question for the Non-Nailbiters

So, I managed to quit biting my nails. I'm sure I'll start up again soon, as I always do, but for now, I have fingernails.

But I have a question for the long-term nail growers. I've been a nail biter since at least the age of 8, so I really just have no experience.

How the hell do you keep them looking clean? I mean, is this some sort of ongoing process? Seriously, I start out my day, after my shower, with nice, clean fingernails. By the end of the day, they've got stuff under 'em. Heck, by LUNCH, they're dirty. What the hell? Why does anyone even have nails if they're this much effort?

Seriously, if cleaning my nails is going to become just another useless task in my life, I'm just going to go back to biting them. If, unlike the rest of my body, they cannot be kept clean by a daily shower, they are not worth the effort. Just. Not. Worth. It.

No comments: