Sunday, January 22, 2006

Hooray

Got my 4-wheeler started today. It'd been unstartable for three days... well actually, it was unstartable three days ago, but I was sick and didn't even TRY to coax it, so it got more unstartable, methinks. But a combination of a heavy blanket draped over it, a hair dryer running under the blanket, a few pushes of the primer button, a little pagan engine-starting dance, and some luck and she started right up. I'm not turning it off until I KNOW I'm done going anywhere for the day.

I heard a rumor that it's supposed to warm up tomorrow. It's still about -20 (according to my not-so-trustworthy thermometer), but the wind has slowed down, so I don't think the wind chill's anywhere near -60, which, really, is kinda nice.

Also in the "Hooray" category... I'm recovered from my mystery illness. Let me tell you, that was crappy. Wednesday night, I was feeling a little tickle in my throat and maybe a little tired, so I skipped out on staff gym night and went home. Once there, I could FEEL myself getting sick. Literally. My temp rose like three degrees in a really short time. Thursday I was miserable... or I would have been had I been conscious. All hail king Ny-Quil. Friday, my fever was down to 100, so I decided to work (it's only a half-day with the kids anyway, then a half day of planning/staff collaboration time). A certain wise friend with whom I happen to share a name tried to convince me to go home, but I stubbornly refused. I'll admit it now... Sara, you were right.

I'm now left with a slightly stuffy nose and a tiny little cough... but that's kind of the standard backdrop for me in the winter, so I think I'll get by just fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wait... what was that??? here let me cut and paste:

"A certain wise friend with whom I happen to share a name tried to convince me to go home, but I stubbornly refused. I'll admit it now... Sara, you were right."

yeah i like that last line. I knew it! I knew it!

anyway, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope it stays this way. :)