Friday, January 13, 2006

Fear is Fun

I was terrified of tornadoes and volcanoes as a kid. When I pictured a tornado in my mind, it had a face and brain and it was after me. I would hide under the covers so it couldn't see me. I also thought that a volcano could just randomly erupt anywhere, adding to my list of fears driving 30 miles north to Wausau, Wisconsin... I was CONVINCED that Rib Mountain (which isn't really a mountain, but that's what it's called) between Stevens Point and Wausau was really a volcano in disguise. I thought it was going to erupt and surprise us all.

For some reason, the things that scared the living sh!t out of me as a kid are the things I find insanely cool now that I'm (supposedly, that's the rumor at least) an adult.

Volcano Cam

1 comment:

Shibby said...

Ooooh, does that mean I'll have someone to chase storms with me this summer?

We could chase volcanos too at some point, I guess...but I'm betting that wouldn't really be as much of a challenge.