Monday, September 12, 2005

My Classroom is my Castle, Dammit

So, last week and weekend, we had some electrician-type dudes here to upgrade our internet and phone systems. Good, great, fine. They seemed cool and all.

Last friday, I was very, very productive. So productive, I didn't have to come in to school AT ALL on the weekend. Go me.

I arrive this morning, ready to start my week with a planner full of lesson plans and a classroom ready to go.

But.

(There's always a but)

So, apparently, wiring a school does NOT include putting stuff back where it belongs. Have to move a doll house out of a closet into the center of the classroom? That's fine! Just leave it there! I'm sure the teacher will enjoy putting it away when she's supposed to be calmly starting her day. Have to move a desk to put in a new outlet? No big deal, just leave it sprawled out at an awkward angle. The teacher doesn't have anything better to do, really. Her morning OUGHT to be devoted to cleaning up the mess you made. Really, honestly. Because teachers really have nothing better to do with their time. It's not like we're supposed to be educating anyone or anything. Because, honestly, you're only paid to do wiring and computer work. You can't be bothered to lower yourself to the drudgery of cleaning.

I promise I'll stop being a sarcastic byotch now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So.... these same "dudes" were at another school and managed to bend a new table. Given, the table is made out of hard plastic, but STILL... chose another way to get down.
They didn't put things away here either.
Go figure...
~Me in "Another LKSD Village Site"