Sunday, September 25, 2005

Decisions, Decisions

So I haul my butt out of bed this morning, eat some breakfast, and think, Hmm, I really should work out. Or... OR... I could go back to bed for a bit.

I decided to go back to bed.

I get up again (after reading in bed, rather than sleeping), and think, OK, I'm really going to work out now.

On go the workout clothes. In the ears go the headphones attached to friendly Mr. iPod. Down goes my slightly-too-ample bottom upon the seat of the secondhand exercise bike that graces a corner of my living room.

The phone rings.

Like a good little fattie who has to be wearing a swimsuit in Hawaii at Christmas, I let it ring.

The answering machine picks up... "Sara, there's a feast at my house. You should come eat."

It wasn't a decision, really. Again, the exercise bike is abandoned. I pull on clothing more appropriate for the weather (48 degrees, windy, and rainy) and am happily walking down the street to the house where two grandchildren of our kindergarten teacher are celebrating birthdays.

Said teacher/grandmother to birthday-ers lives right by school, so of course I HAD to stop and check e-mail and news and type a useless blog entry.

NOW I'm going to go home and work out.

No comments: