Thursday, December 30, 2004

Typing with no glasses on

It's a fun adventure, really. New glasses hadn't arrived yet when I left, and my contacts were bugging me. To be close enough to really read what's on my laptop screen, I'd have to hold said laptop too close to be able to type. Let's see how accurate my typing skills really are... oh my seventh grade keyboarding teacher would be so proud (or maybe ashamed).

Arrived back in the YK Delta (couldn't make it all the way out to the village; I'm in Bethel) more or less in one piece. Why did it take me four days to get away from work and only one to get back? Bleh.

(Honestly, I have no idea what I'm typing right now. Fuzzy lines. Great fun.)

For the first time since I moved to Alaska, my luggage arrived at my final destination on the same flight as me. I feel like I won the lottery or something. Is baggage handling really that bad, or am I just unlucky?

A family that I know from the village was on my same flight from Anchorage to Bethel. I twas nice to see familiar faces after an entire day of anonymous stranger interaction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you have a "Point Special Beer" while in Wisconsin?

The Smacca said...

No Point Special. Not a fan.

No Point "Eh" either. Shibby and Therese will be all over that one, if Therese ever gets around to reading this thing...