Saturday, December 04, 2004

Geekus Maximus

I am an enormous geek. This has recently been affirmed by a series of events: (1) I bought the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD. (2) I'm in the process of watching the extras on said DVD. (3) When I watched their little mini-schpeel about the upcoming Episode III, I actually got somewhat pumped up about it.

It looks pretty good, with a cool looking (if you can judge by the rehersal shots) light saber duel between Obi Wan and Annakin. Looks to be a lot darker than the first two, which pissed me off to no end by being way too cutesy. I guess it DOES have to lead into A New Hope, in which the Republic is kaput and everything sucks and is in despair and all, but I was still feeling fairly negative about the whole thing.

We'll see.

And on to slightly less geeky topics... Two weeks from RIGHT NOW I will be (weather permitting) at the Anchorage airport, preparing to board my flight to the lower 48. I will get into Central WI at about 10am-ish, and will likely be tired and crabby as hell after a long flight, but I'm sure I'll be happy to be in a place where a house with a flush toilet isn't a complete fantasy...

Hooray for toilies!

No comments: