Saturday, December 18, 2004

*sigh*

Weathered in again. Instead of getting in at 10:30 am on Sunday, I'll be getting in at 10:30 am on Monday. It's too warm up here this year... cold weather is much better for flying because there isn't the fog or freezing rain to deal with. I guess this year the planes have been weathered in more than in previous years... why do I get all the fun?

The only other "new" teacher (she's a second year teacher) and I were invited over to have lunch at the kidnergarten teacher's house. We got over there and she informed us that she had just heard that all planes out of Bethel were on hold. I'll admit it, I had to fight to hold back tears. A few phone calls later (one with a crabby guy at Northwest Airlines who ultimately got the job done but made the whole task kind of unpleasant) and I'm all scheduled for the same flights a day later, which is decent news. Weather's supposed to clear up tomorrow, too. All my stuff (toothpaste, jammies, etc) is packed away, though, which is a bit of a pain in the arse.

Instead, I knitted and watched Harry Potter DVD special features (really, I'm not as Harry Potter obsessed as my blog as of late makes me sound) with said Only Remaining Fellow New Teacher. Not a bad evening, I guess, all things considered.

I want a beer because I couldn't get out of the village as scheduled. I can't have a beer because I'm still in the village. Who will make a bold sacrifice and drink a beer for me?

1 comment:

Shibby said...

*raises hand* I'll make the sacrifice! Wait, do the ones I drank tonight count? No? Even if I was looking forward to Sunday night at Guu's with you while I was drinking them??

'Tsall good...give me a buzz on Monday if you feel like getting together in the p.m., or else later in the week if you're tired and such from the trip...252-1709...

Safe travels! I'll still be saving our table and a pint of Newcastle....