Monday, April 11, 2005

What Weekend?

I was ALL pumped for Trivia weekend. Trivia Plan (version 1): stay at the school for most of the weekend, where the internet connection is good, and play to my heart's content. Ah, the best laid plans of mice, men, and Trivia Fiends...

Friday morning, I awoke to a peculiar gurgling in my stomach. Thinking it was a mild case of the revenge of the curry from the night before, I tied my best to ignore it, and went about my day. By 10AM, however, there was no denying it... i had either food poisoning, the flu, or some mysterious tropical disease recently migrated to the sub-Arctic. I may or may not have puked four times.

Made it to 3pm, which was the end of the work day. My (revised, now we're on version 2) Trivia Plan at that point was to go home, sleep for a few hours, then attempt to help out the late-night crew down in WI. Seemed like a good idea. Maybe I just had to sleep it off. Got home at 3:05. Was in bed by 3:06, clothing and all. Woke up at one point to use the bathroom and let the dog out. Might have hopped online at that point, I'm not sure. Searched for Tylenol. Realized it was at school. Fell back asleep. Woke up at... ???... I'm really not sure. I KNOW I played for an hour at some point in the night. I also happened to take my temperature at this juncture and it read 102.5. Asked Roomie for Tylenol. Roomie's Tylenol was also at school. Roomie went back to school for the slumber party she was hosting for her class. Went back to sleep. Woke up later, still simultaneously shivering and burning.

Went back to sleep. Woke up at 10:30. At this point I had been sleeping for... 19 hours? Granted, it wasn't quality sleep. When I get sick, I get super-achy and my skin gets really sensitive. The goosebumps from the shivering HURT, dammit.

Tried to play a little Trivia. Slept some more. Played again that night until about 2:30 AM AK time, when the random cold pill (which I didn't need for the decongestant or cough supression but the fever reducer was working quite nicely... and yes, I checked with Roomie, it was quite safe and from last year) I discovered in the medicine cabinet wore off.

Woke up on Sunday... FEELING FINE! A little headachy and dizzy from not eating for two days, but otherwise fine. Played Trivia until midnight, WI time. We took 12th. Shibby's team took 7th. Congrats.

I feel, however, like I got cheated out of a weekend. I slept for most of it! No Fair!

No comments: