Sunday, April 24, 2005

Geographic Weakness

Two friends are going through rough times lately... both are faced with losing (having lost in one case or being at risk of losing in the other) friends. Neither friend-of-mine knows the other, although I know I've mentioned each to the other at one point or another. I've never met the friends-of-theirs in person, so the pain isn't my own.

But (and isn't there always a but)... I'm a helper. I'm the kid who, in kindergarten, had to take an art project home because I wandered around helping other kids finish theirs and never did quite get around to doing my own. I'd love nothing more than to give each of them a big hug, bring them hot chocolate or beer or something. Put a little change in the karma jar in exchange for all the stuff that people have done for me when I've needed it. Encouraging e-mails just don't do their feelings justice, I don't think.

Being far away can suck.

Wow, three posts in one day. That's just excessive. Especially since two of them have been long. That's it, I'm cut off.

No comments: