Thursday, April 28, 2005

"There's Nary an Animal Alive that can Outrun a Greased Scotsman"

Random Groundskeeper Willie quote for a title because I'm feeling a little ADHD and off the wall this evening. I guess it beats the bitchy-teacher-from-hell mood I was in this afternoon. My thoughts are as follows:

1. Jon Stewart will be mine. I realize that he his happily married with a child and is too old for me, but nonetheless, he shall be mine. My love for him grows exponentially by the day... Not that I'm a stalker or anything. *looks around furtively*

2. I can't wait until summer vacation. 15 days of school remaining... when it gets into single digits I will likely become unbearable. Full pay, flush toilets, and no work... can I get a HELL YES.

3. I can't wait until next year starts. Now that I actually understand all the aspects of my job, I feel like I can start working for real.

4. What kind of beer should I drink first to start off my summer? I'm taking recommendations.

5. Why haven't some people, by their mid-twenties, escaped the high school mentality?

6. If I can't have Jon Stewart, Brad Pitt will also do.

7. You can't control Ma Nature. Snowmelt and a little rain, combined with a perpetual tendency to change, have caused a small river that is usually diverted under our village's main road to... um... cross the road. So now you're driving along, minding your own business, when all the sudden, there's five feet of river to cross. I've taken to walking. Crossing a hastily-thrown-down plank bridge across a river that wasn't there a week ago is kinda fun. One day last week the plank fell in the water and I helped put it back.

8. Mom and Dad, remember that fishing rod and reel you bought me for Christmas? Well, the rivers are open and meat is expensive up here... can I have my fishing pole?

9. Our phone is dead. After being very shifty for a long while (those who have called me can attest to the fact that the connection has gotten worse and worse over the past few months), our line is now completely dead. No dial tone, even. Call me at school if you need to!

10. September seems so long ago... I was a totally different person then. More on this at a later date, as it's totally worthy of its own post as the school year draws to a close.

No comments: