Friday, January 21, 2005

The ONE time I don't have my camera

I walked home from school last night, and what did I come across but several of the kidnergarteners and first graders... ICE SKATING ON THE MAIN ROAD. See, a week or so ago, it got really warm and kinda icy-rained. Since then, the temp's been hovering around zero with no further precip. Thus, our main road is glare ice.

Anyway, since I had decided that I've wasted alltogether too much time lately either farting around online or watching TV, I made last night a low-tech night. Didn't even bring my computer home. Unfortunately, I keep my camera in my computer bag. So when I ran across a student on ice skates pulling two other students in a sled down the street, no picture could be taken. Too bad, it was cute and I think I could have gotten a really cool shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realize that you are in the midst of extremes between high-tech and low-tech in your area of the world. Perhaps there dowesn't seem to be much middle ground...

Just remember that it was the last generation that invented and improved the high tech tools that we all use now, and it's your current generation that is responsible for what people will be using 20 years from now.

Whether you are inventing the next high-tech gadget or educating the next possible Einstein, we all contribute to the world's future in one way or another,...right?

Keep up the good work....!

Uncle