Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Time is 8:49; Temperature 9.

I can still hear the lady's voice on the automated time-and-temp in Stevens Point, WI. "Good morning, Wisconsin Bell thanks you for calling. The time is ____; temperature ____." But anyhoo...

First single-digit temperature morning.

I think.

Our kitchen thermometer (yet another wonderful leave-behind from Former Roomie) read 9 degrees, but when I got into school, the my Firefox weather thingy said 17. I'm more inclined to belive the kitchen thermometer, however, since it's actually reading the temperature in Quinhagak. Firefox pulls its weather from the National Weather Service, who measure weather in Bethel.

So maybe it's 8 degrees warmer in Bethel. Or maybe my thermometer is whacked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the weather is whacked!

It's just too early for single digits...brrrrrr! Don't forget your hat and mittens :-).

sweetpea said...

Thought you might be interested in Canada (Ontario's latest little bit of shame in the North here: http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/10/27/kashechewan-scott051027.html

Stay Warm!
Sweetpea/Terri