Friday, October 07, 2005

Oh 12 Year-Olds, You're so Cool

So last night, I'm sitting comfortably in the recliner, watching an episode of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer (yes, I'm a big geek, but you already knew that) on DVD last night, when I hear a curious giggling.

Thought some kids were just walking by... my driveway area kind of serves as a shortcut sometimes.

Then I realized that the giggling was coming from under my house.

Muttering words and phrases that would make the saltiest sailor blush like a schoolgirl, I slid on my shoes, walked out the door, and pointed a flashlight under my house. I could see the heels of adolescent-sized tennis shoes running away on the other side of the house.

More swearing.

I ran around the house as fast as I could (not fast considering I am not in peak form and my shoes weren't on properly) to find that they had run across the little wet, pond-y, marsh-y area that separates my house from the main road. I could only see one (and it was no shock who it was), and he was laughing and running. This, of course, further incensed me.

Little shi- er- misguided darlings were SMOKING under my house.

If my house burns down, I'm going to be a little pissed.

12 year-olds are the height of cool, aren't they?

5 comments:

Shibby said...

Damn. Have you considered booby-traps? I'm thinking there has to be a way to rig something up involving the honey bucket... ;-)

Jody said...

here is what you do...
coat the entire area with a flame retardent material.
then a layer of gasoline.

they light up, so does the ground they stand of.
it'll scare the s**t out of them, and due to the insulation, not burn the house to the ground.

Anonymous said...

So what were they smoking?

The Smacca said...

Wow, you people are sadistic. I just called the village police and his mother.

Jody's fire idea is particularly frightening.

Anonymous said...

you could have gone with him and had him tell his mother.... a great way to make a kid squirm and have them admit they did something wrong....