Monday, October 17, 2005

Dirty. So Very Dirty

I am a filthy beast. Or I will be for the next few minutes.

Allow me to explain.

Friday evening, the first-year teachers and I (the lone 2nd year teacher at my site) flew into Bethel for first- and second-year teacher inservice... which is supposed to take one day, therefore requiring one change of clothes. Being (a) lazy and (b) not a clothes horse to start with, I packed underwear, socks, jammies, and a change of shirt. I'm the kind of girl who can wear the same pants two days in a row and not give a flying f***.

But.

And, as always, there's a but.

But, I'm STILL HERE. I'm STILL HERE and will be until Thursday. You see, I was supposed to arrive back in the village on Sunday, teach Monday (also known as today), and fly out on Tuesday morning with the junior high speech team.

But noooooooooooooooooooo. Mother Nature hates my guts. So, weather permitting, my speech team will meet me here in Bethel tomorrow. Now let's do the math... I have one pair of jeans, two shirts, two pairs of underwear, and two pairs of socks. To last me until Thursday when the speech contest is over... unless it gets cancelled because no one can make it into town... in which case I'm still kinda screwed because if no one can get in, I can't get out.

It's nice to have a friend who lets you use her washing machines.

Ooh, they're dry now... excuse me while I bask in cleanliness for the first time in two days.

Also, got drunk Saturday night, but that seems so long ago that I don't feel like talking about it. Read http://jleeody.blogspot.com for full details.

No comments: