Saturday, November 20, 2004

Tae Bo is an ass-kicker, GPS is cool, how's XM Radio?

OK, maybe I shouldn't have started with the "advanced" workout seeing as I'm (a) a newbie to the whole fitness kickboxing thing and (b) I'm out of shape. But I messed up my order (luckily) and ended up getting the "advanced" on VHS and the rest on DVD. I meant to order all DVD. Anyway, I get to school (didn't want to work out at home and wake Roomie), and lo and behold, the DVD player is locked up. Didn't have the power cord for my laptop and my desktop doesn't have a DVD player on it. So what the heck, sez I, might as well jump right in. Skip all that "here's how you do the movements" and "here's how you combine them to make a workout" and jump straight to the ass-kicking.

Ow.

That's all I have to say about that.

Got a GPS so I can go out snowshoeing without fear of gettin lost on the broad expanse of flatness that is the tundra. Now we just need snow. We gots lotsa wind, cold, and ice, but the snow has disappeared. But anyway, GPS is cool. Yeah.

I'm thinking about getting XM radio. There's no radio up here, and I kinda feel out of the loop, musically. We (as a district, not me specifically) got warned not to listen to net radio on our school computers because it uses up too much bandwith (DAMMIT I like to play music while my students work!), so there go my KFAI and Radio K listening opportunities. XM seems to have a lot of cool channels... but I'm not sure it's worth the cost of the equipment. Anyone have any experience with this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

J has had Sirius for a while now and just switched to XM. He totally loves it. If you have any questions you should email him! joshatjtridotcom

:sloppy

The Smacca said...

Thanks, I actually already had e-mailed him. Doesn't look like the coverage up here is the greatest. Grr.