Friday, April 28, 2006

Whoda Tunkit?

The internet doesn't know everything.

I've been into baking bread this year... or at least I've been TRYING to be into baking bread.

I've scoured the internet for a good wheat/white bread... and it's always come up missing something. Or they required things I don't have... online recipe-posters seem to have a thing for "let's see how cool and pretentious I can make my recipe!"

I found a wonderful recipe today. Guess where? ON THE SIDE OF THE WHEAT FLOUR BAG.

Simple. Yeast, water, sugar (a tiny bit), whole wheat flour, white flour, salt, tiny bit of olive oil. It's not rocket science, apparently. It's baking. My well-founded phobia is cured.

I'm eating it now. Wait, make that past tense. I just ate two slices. Have now moved on to trying to refrain from consuming a third.

I had a rough day. I deserve another slice... don't I?

*backing away from the bread*

*going to sleep*

And on a completely different topic: TGIF, motherf@#%ers.

1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

AllRecipes.com has some bread recipes... Just make anything with 5 stars and it's bound to be good. :)
http://bread.allrecipes.com/

In case you're wondering who I am, I'm Nicole. Nice to meet you. :) I was just browsing thru blogs and came across you.