Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Confused, so Confused

It's windy. It's cloudy. It's 17 degrees. It's also light until 10:30pm.

My body is so very confused.

Many of the migratory birds have returned from their more southerly wintering locations. Ptarmigan hunting has begun. Spring activities are happening.

And yet I don my winter coat every morning. And yet I have to warm up my 4-wheeler for the drive into work. And yet I wear boots... not puddle-splashing rubber boots, mind you... winter boots.

It would be so much more bearable if the sun would not taunt us so. "Look," it says, "I am shining excessively! I radiate warmth from 7am until 10:00 pm! I mess up your sleep schedule! And still you sit indoors! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I received three books from powells.com today. I have already finished one. Now, in my bill-paying adulthood, I understand why my mother complained about buying me Babysitters Club books when I was in fifth grade. Mom, you were right... buying a book that I'm just going to read in one night IS a waste of money. Not that it'll stop me. Everyone has their little addictions. But dammit, it's April 18th. I should be outside.

Apparently this is how the weather always used to be... but it hasn't been "normal" like this in quite a few years. So... yay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW - I was right about something!