Friday, February 03, 2006

Hell Hath No Wrath

For that past two weeks, it's been cold. I may have mentioned and/or whined about this a million times. But one thing was missing.

The wind. It was calm. This is not normal.

Yesterday the wind got her revenge. I was sitting in my windowless classroom when a coworker came in and said "Hey, you been outside?" I hadn't. I looked outside and saw trash and snow and dirt whirling around the playground. Hmm.

The walk home was interesting. Let's just say I made it without falling down and call it a victory. Once home, I listened to the shrieking and groaning and whistling and other assorted sounds made by the contact of the wind with my house.

I put in my earplugs and hit the sack. At some point during the night, I awoke (the earplugs had long since fallen out of my ears), to silence. The wind had blown itself out. All is quiet again.

No comments: