Thursday, December 08, 2005

Postless

Our post office is closed.

That's right ladies and gentlmen. Come rain or sleet or snow or whathaveyou... they deliver mail. Well, they don't deliver, but they, you know, let us get our mail and stuff.

But a few high school aged criminals with crowbars can bring the whole thing to a grinding halt.

Last week, there was a mass break-in across town. All the stores and the Post Office/village offices (they share a building) were broken into. Lots of cash was stolen. Suspects are in custody, so done deal, right?

Nope.

You see, when a U.S. Post Office gets broken into, they have to close and have a formal investigation by the Postal Inspectors or something like that.

So no mail in, no mail out. Christmas presents are piling up inside the post office. Luck for me I didn't use my credit card last month and don't carry over a balance, because bill-due-date has come and gone... I know I MUST have a phone bill waiting for me in my PO Box, but I can't get to it.

Oh well...

No comments: