Sunday, July 31, 2005

I'm Damn Good Company

I know people who refuse to go eat dinner by themselves.

Preposterous, sez me. Why are people so afraid to be by themselves?

I went out for a nice Mexican sit-down dinner this evening, all by myself. I didn't die. No one pointed and laughed and called me a friendless loser. I wasn't even bored. I used to bring a book if I wanted to go out to eat by myself, or limit myself to non-sit-down restaurants, but why? I'm not bad company.

I think tomorrow I'll go to a movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.....! Your back in Alaska for round two. Congrats....This will be the year of decisions in your life. Give it some good thought and good things will come out of it.

Uncle in Wichita..

Shibby said...

A movie, eh? I think you should go see Star Wars :P

Anonymous said...

I have come to truly appreciate the beauty of a solo meal whilst in Austria. Actually, one of my favorite things to do is park myself at a cafe in Old Town and watch the tourists walk by taking pictures of anything and everything that looks even remotely notable (oddly, they never take pictures of the equally touristy Kansan watching them with great interest - apparently, I am not especially notable...). Why are people so afraid of being alone?? I will never understand it ...

Ciaou
dz