Monday, July 18, 2005

How 'Bout That Harry Potter, Huh? (no spoilers)

Just finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I know, I know, I'm getting slow in my old age... it took me a day and a half to finish it! But really, I didn't get THAT much reading time in, what with social obligations that had to be tended to. And in my defense, I didn't get it on Saturday (bastards put it in the mailbox, and I didn't find it. Since when does UPS put stuff in MAILBOXES? Honestly), so I didn't really start seriously reading until about 10am on Sunday.

Anyway, holy shit. The last few chapters are killa'. Another LONG book with a seeming overabundance of (probably necessary) exposition, but I think (hope?) it'll all come together quite nicely in Book 7, whenever that hits shelves. I was wrong about a few characters, I'll state that honestly and openly. I was also right about a few.

Hurricane update: Cozumel (nearest town to Little Sister's place of summer employment) got slammed, but all appears to be OK. Hopefully we'll hear from her soon!

No comments: