Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fried Brains, Anyone?

My mind is so scattered right now. I have a decent-sized list of stuff to accomplish by the time school starts at 8:30 Monday morning, and I'm doing a good job making progress, but I can't seem to focus on one individual task at a time.

I just have too many things to do, and all of the tasks are fairly attractive (fresh school year, fresh start, fresh ideas, fresh ambition). I'll start out doing one thing, then in the middle of that task some item will remind me of something else, so I start that without even thinking about it. As a result, nothing on my list is "finished," nothing is "not started," and EVERYTHING is "in progress."

And as for why I have been a bad, bad blogger... well, I just haven't had the time or mental focusing capability.

Off to a staff meeting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, whatever happened to that triathlon you were signed up for? I was waiting for the race report to see how you fared running in Tevas.

The Smacca said...

Hehehe... Never made it out to the race.

By the time the race rolled around, I realized that (a) I hadn't had a weekenend "off" all summer and it was a week and a half to my departure date for Alaska, (b) I would have had to rent a car to get to the race, and (c) my ankle was still bothering me. Combining factors a, b, and c, I realized I just didn't want to race all that badly.