Thursday, June 02, 2005

Holy Crap

Went to a friend's baby's first birthday party at Pizza Luce in downtown Minneapolis. It's amazing where you can now have kids' birthday parties now that smoking's illegal in public buildings... my feelings on the subject are complex, so I won't get into it...)

There were FIVE babies between the ages of 6 months and a year. Plus one pregnant woman. In a group of about 20 or so. For a good chunk of time, I was the only non-with-child woman there. Freeeeaaaaaky maaaaan. Not bad, necessarily, but freaky. Soon another woman showed up and I had someone to not talk about diapers to. Not that I don't spend a lot of time thinking about Babysitting Baby's diaper, but since she's not mine, I don't feel the need to worry about her diaperswhen I'm not actually in the act of changing them.

Well, anyway, it was fun. Had a few bears (Bell's Oberon, their current Seasonal Beer... not too shabby, but I'm depressed that companies have comparatively light "Seasonal Beers," ,but alas...), chatted with some old friends, met some new people, blah blah blah...

And on a totally separate note... Is there a 12-step program for cutting off the Cinnamon Altoids habit? They are my personal crack cocaine. Seriously, I can't stop. I just got my current tin today and I'm closer to being empty then I'd like to admit.

1 comment:

Shibby said...

Bah, Cinnamon Altoids are where it's at. Just stay away from the Ginger ones...they seem like a good idea at first, but...well...yeah.

Look on the bright side, once you're finished with that tin and one more, you can make speakers for your iPod!

http://www.readymademag.com/feature_12_macgyver.php