Friday, July 18, 2008

Liar, Liar...

...Pants on Fire!



I made fleece shorties (they work like a diaper cover and also take the place of shorts, for those of you not in the know). It's just a first try, and I didn't have a pattern or anything, so they're less spectacular than they could be, but I learned a lot and think that they'll be better next time. I know I want to put another layer of fleece into the crotch region next time around, but it was fun to just bust out a pair during naptime. I'm working with fleece for now, wanting to perfect my pattern/method before finding some nice recycled wool to play with.

I'll put them on Isaac when he wakes up from his nap and hopefully post a pic of him wearing them at some point.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! I was so busy knitting stuff for all of my other friends having babies, that I never did get a chance to make anything for Jakob. Speaking of which, send me your address again (yes i lost it, and have been meaning to send a gift!), I have a cute hat/mitten pattern that I could do for him! It will be winter again there soon won't it?

Deanna said...

let's definitely have LOTS of craft dates you can teach me how to sew pants on fire ;) and i'll show you how to make sweet vases.