Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Anchorage-ing

Yup, still just chillin' in the big city. I got a bus pass and a YMCA membership for the month, so I'm set for transportation and at least an hour of entertainment per day through the end of April. Swimming is fun. I look like a beached whale, but it's lots of fun.

Good news... baby is head down and "very happy in there." I just hope he's not so happy that he decides to take after his mom and Auntie Mel and book an extended stay.

Bad news... well... there's some sad news back in Nunap that I really don't want to get into.

That's about it, really. I'm trying to fill my days with things that don't cost huge amounts of money. Sure, I could eat out at a different restaurant for every meal, and that would be QUITE entertaining and take up a lot of time... but that stuff adds up quickly. Right now, I'm enjoying having a bunch of fresh vegetables and dairy products (I've been on a yogurt kick; and apparently one company makes a tub of yogurt twice the size of the regular "large" tub of plain yogurt). And Jelly Bellies. I may have bought some Jelly Bellies. But that was my only junk food purchase, I swear. I'm tryin' to end this pregnancy on a healthy note.

3 comments:

Carey said...

What an awesome idea to get a Y membership! I'm j-e-a-l-o-u-s, really!

Enjoy...

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, the Y membership sounds lovely. So does the yogurt. Have you ever had yogurt cheese? Yum!
~Stacy

Christina. said...

Having just traveled to Nunap twice in the last few weeks first for the good news- then for the bad, I must say, I much preferred your gathering.

Hurray up and pop that lil baby Ascot out so I can have a third reason to come to Nunap. A meet-the-newest Smacilski visit!