Friday, June 08, 2007

Challenge

I have a challenge for you all.

And by "you all," I mean whoever actually reads this drivel during the summers.

The challenge, should you choose to accept it, involves internet research. Figure out what happened to my favorite variety of pickles. Now, after my mother's secret pickle recipe (Ma, can we make pickles this summer? I want to learn!), I had a favorite pickle. The company Milwaukee's Pickles made a variety called Polski Wyrob. I'm assuming that's Polish for "Awesome Pickle That is Better Than All Other Pickles." All the rest of the Milwaukee's Pickles have the white label with green writing... these had an orange and yellow label for some reason. They were only find-able at one grocery store in my hometown (Copp's in Stevens Point), but they've since disappeared.

First person to track down the fate of the Milwaukee's Pickles Polski Wyrob variety wins a poem, written by me about him or her. What can I say, I'm a cheap bastard.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just have your local grocery order for you...in response to "where to find"

32 oz. Polish Kosher Dills UPC 09300 00083

(Polski Wyrobs)

Northeast:
King Kullen
Pathmark
Superfresh
ShopRite



*Similar item: look for our new 24 oz. Polish Dill Spears.



Can't find it? Ask your local store manager to special order a case of 4 gallons for you. Give him the UPC number above. Keep in mind, sometimes this is possible, and sometimes it isn't. Sorry, this isn't an item we can ship to individuals.

Anonymous said...

This might explain where they went...

http://www.thebubbler.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2182

The Smacca said...

Well thank you, fair Anonymous.

I may require more information about you if I'm going to write a pretty poem. Otherwise I'll just make up stories about you in limerick form. :D

Anonymous said...

Wow, dude, it looks like the secret Polski Wyrobs stealth marketer found you. Well done.

You could just make something up about the fair anonymous. That's what I do. :-)

Anonymous said...

i remember those pickles from when i was a child. I live in miami florida, I havent been able to find them anywhere.you are right, they ARE awesome!bia

Anonymous said...

if anyone knows where i could find polski wyrob pickles in miami florida? Love them!

Anonymous said...

The Polski Wyrob pickle made by the Paramont Pickle Company is out of business. They sold to Hines Pickles and are no longer available. Too bad! Great pickle!

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is a very late post but what the heck. Last week I may have tossed out the very last two Milwaukee Polski Wyrob pickles in existence. They have been in my refrigerator (expiration date April 2003), with me being torn about throwing them out, since I could never find them to buy. I thought about cloning them. Perhaps I should have put them on e-Bay. They arguably were the best pickles ever.